Indian Cooking made Simple

Easy Indian Cooking, Bihari Cusines, Kids Recipes and much more

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mutton Kababs. (Lamb Kebabs)

Non-Veg lover's heres a dish for you to enjoy this monsoon. When it's raining outside one can enjoy the hot mutton kebabs. A boneless mutton/lamb dish which would melt in your mouth. The secret touch to this recipe is that it's marination process which allows the salt and other spices to penetrate into the lamb pieces giving it a soft delectable flavour.

INGREDIENTS-

Boneless Lamb - 500 gm
Ginger Garlic paste - 6 1/2 tspns
Curd/Dahi - 1/2 cup
Chilly powder - 3 tspns
Salt - to taste
Refined Oil - about 5  tbspns
Sliced Onions - 1 cup
Roasted Gram Flour (Besan) - 2 tbspns
Juice of a lemon

Dry -spices -


Cinnamon (Dalchini) powder - 1/2 tspn
Cardamom (Choti Illaichi) powder - 1 tspn
Roasted Cumin (Jeera) Powder - 1 tspn
Jaiphal (Nutmeg) powder - a pinch
Roasted black pepper (Kali mirch powder) - 1/2 tspn

METHOD-

First Stage -

Combine Lamb meat, curd, salt, ginger-garlic paste and chilly powder.
Mix well. Keep it well covered in fridge for 3-4 hours to marinate.

Second Stage -

Transfer the marinated lamb with the entire marination in a pressure cooker.
Cook till it gives 7-8 whistles on low flame.

Third Stage -

Heat oil in a pan (Kadhai).
Put in the sliced onion and let it cook till reddish brown.
Add to it the cooked lamb from the pressure cooker along with the residue.
Cook on high flame. Keep on stirring.
The onion should be well incorporated into the lamb.
Sprinkle roasted gram flour and keep on roasting till mixed well.
Add all the dry spices one by one to the roasted lamb.
Squeeze in lemon juice.
Mix well.
Serve hot with Mango Tango.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Bhargavi, Would post Veg Kebabs soon. Keep visiting :) Manjusha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner and I decided we needed a marinade for our kebabs so we found this one and decided to give it a try. Normally I struggle to get him to clear his plate. This time I had to remind him to leave some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    This is the best comment I've received so far and this encourages me to write more n more for the food lovers. Thanks a ton! Do ask all your friends to join in/visit my food blog for tasty recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Altogether, I thought this was pretty good. We used quite a bit of cumin and served with pitas and homemade hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gabby, That's a great combo! Thks for liking it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a treasure trove of recipes! This mutton kebab recipe is exactly how we make it at home. Makes even the non hungry want to have a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hiyaa,

    Loads of Thanks! I know this mutton recipe is my hubby's fav, my daughter's also and some of my frds die to have it and keep asking me, Manjusha , when r u preparing "That" mutton recipe. Would u believe I never eat mutton, I was a vegetarian turned into a chickenatarian...I still don't know how this mutton tastes but yes from the compliments of all my frds and family, I could gatther that it's really tasty. I've to keep experimenting for my frds and fmly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. here i used goat meat which is easily available in Indo-Pak groceries store.Dont use lean meat and fats in meat keeps the kebabs juicy and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Mutton Kababs, one of my favorite dish. I really like it. Thanks for the great hit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny, Thanks for the bit of advise.Goat meat is absolutely fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mariah,

    So good to know u liked the preparation. I know mutton kebabs are really yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Mutton Kababs is pakistni dish? Its so delicious! My pakistni friends made this once for me, and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jane, This dish is equally famous in India and it indeed is delicious. You must try it out, the recipe is very easy. Thanks for liking the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the food! You’re amazing. This menu is fantastic:) It sure will help everyone who’s looking for a perfect menu like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Johnervin11, Thanks for the appreciation. I hope I keep posting recipes as per people's choice so that they keep visiting more n more..Once again Thank You. Manjusha

    ReplyDelete
  16. it loks really gud...am gonna try it today...hope it turns out gud...

    ReplyDelete